Naples Art

Enriching your creative nature for over 65 years in Naples Florida

A 501(c)3 non-profit organization supported locally by donations and community support.

Our Mission

Our Mission is to enlighten, engage, educate, and enrich the community and to build on Naples Art’s history and position of leadership as a hub of visual arts in Southwest Florida.

Our Vision

We believe art can change lives and improve entire communities. Through our unique and engaging programs, classes, exhibitions, and events, Naples Art enhances communitywide appreciation for and understanding of the visual arts and supports artists of all ages and aspirations.

Board of Directors

Ricki Baker
President

Neal Benham

Joe Coleman

Don DeMichele

Valerie Ghoussaini

Jane Graham

Lorraine Kostyra

Ben Machielse

Linda Penniman

Bob Ravitz

Ashlynn Reeder
Treasurer

Bob Walpole
Immediate Past President

1954

More than 65 years ago, E.George Rogers, Elsie Upham, and Grace Lake founded Naples Art with 34 other artists. They created art, and they exhibited and taught in the community using various venues to promote local artists. Many of the members volunteered to teach art in local schools until the public school’s art program was established in 1954.

1970's

In the 1970s, the group raised money to restore the Naples Depot where they built studio spaces and held their first art exhibition in 1978. The next year, the organization began offering adult art classes. They continued providing educational programs at the Naples Depot until 1998.

1980's

In 1980, their first annual spring art show was held in Cambier Park. As its known now, the Naples National Art Festival has become our largest fund raiser and is consistently rated among the top 10 art festivals in the country by Sunshine Artist Magazine.

1990's

In 1992, Naples Art began meeting with the Naples City Council for a lease agreement to provide 8,000 square feet of public land in Cambier Park to build a community art center. In 1995, city leaders signed an agreement and raised $3.5 million through private donations, including one from Suzanne and William von Liebig for whom the art center is named.

1998

On November 22, 1998, Naples Art officially opened The von Liebig Art Center. Our 16,000 square foot, two-story facility features six studios, a main exhibition hall, rounds galleries, one of the area’s largest art resource libraries, and a gift shop.

Today

Our goal is to serve as “the central address” for the visual arts in Naples. we are a working art center where members of our community of all ages and abilities gather for classes and workshops, lectures and special programs, exhibitions and events. We encourage you to join us by becoming a member of Naples Art and by investing in the arts and in our community.

Staff

Merlin Lickhalter

Executive Director

Maureen Roberts

Outdoor Shows Manager

Lynn Borzumato

Adult Education Manager

Doug Olsen

Creative Director

Rich Cacace

Events Manager

Mary Visigilio

Volunteers & Communications Manager